Full-Time Equipment Manager – POSITION FILLED AUG 22, 2018
The Acadia Axemen Men’s Varsity Hockey Team, member of the USports (CIS), is seeking a full time Equipment Manager.
This position will manage all areas of the team’s equipment program, including but not limited to:
Team Equipment and Coordination:
- Supervise and direct all day-to-day equipment needs.
- Oversight of equipment database; maintain all hockey equipment records and inventory
- Communicate distribution knowledge of equipment and apparel with athletes and coaches. *
- Assist with the development of long and short-range equipment goals.
- Assist with the development of long and short-range equipment needs
- Inspect equipment/apparel through visual observation to identify needed repair.
- Repair equipment/apparel deemed necessary through visual observation and routine inspection in order to maintain functionality and safety standards.
- Organize and keep equipment room clean and replenished
- Utilize security resources to secure equipment.
- Supervise and coordinate equipment for travel
- Laundry services for team (games and practice) (make sure laundry is in laundry room for Team Services to do)
- Other duties as assigned by Head Hockey Coach Darren Burns.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Analyze and solve problems independently.
- Maintain strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work effectively with coaching and operational staff.
- Understand, adhere and enforce safety procedures.
- Work in high intensity, competitive, and deadline driven environment.
- High School Diploma
- Ability to maintain athletic equipment. (Job will teach you how to run the equipment from Skate Sharpening to repairing equipment.)
- Microsoft Word & Excel experience
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Employee will be Stipend
- Free Meals and Hotels for road trips
- Benefits in managing school work
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For any questions or inquires please submit your resume by email to coach Kris MacDonald at email@example.com